4.17.2011

Rivetting Copper

The important thing to me about applying the copper is that I do not want to be able to see the rivets after, so I have devised a plan; each layer of copper should hide the rivets from the previous layer...
There are to be three rivetts in total, so you can see above the first piece of copper rivetted in place, with the second sheet hiding the first rivet...
                                  
This piece of copper is the last piece of four, and is designed to hold the third piece of copper in place but hiding the rivet..with me still?
Above: on the left the fourth piece of copper is rivetted into place and holds the third piece of copper. It had to have a bend in it to accomodate the riveter, in the image on the right I have hammered down the fold to hide the rivet, this was very fiddly to work out and took three attempts but I am pleased with the result, I just need to treat the copper now with verd degris patina to make it go green.

Hopefully the effect of the folded copper gives the impression that there is a wrapped figure within the sculpture.

No comments:

Post a Comment